VOGONS

First post, by trilean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around this forum for years but didn't find the time to dig up my old computers and get back into retrocomputing (and create an account here). So hello everyone!

I got hit with a severe case of nostalgia recently and decided to grab a few of my part boxes still stored at my parent's basement. Sorting them out I found the following chip. On the front it says

ZC93595P
V20 121185
JH8 8616

On the back "UMDYQ" is printed in very dark letters.

At first I thought that the "V20" was a dead giveaway. Also it's in a DIP-40 package just like my 8086. However, I could not find any information that Motorola ever manufactured a V20. Googling the lettering on the chip yielded zero results.
I'm fairly certain that this is not a counterfeit chip as I must have pulled it from a machine at the local recycling centre over 20 years ago.

Do you have any ideas what this might me?

Thanks
Philipp

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think ZC93595P is probably the model number. (looked it up, couldn't find it)
I think the V20 in there is just a coincidence.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 2 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sometimes looking up older ICs get a bit like manual labor.... i.e. you have to get a databook and find it in there. bitsavers.org may have a motorola databook between 1985 and 1990 that lists it.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.