VOGONS

First post, by PC@LIVE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi everyone, among the various motherboards that I try to fix, there is this ASUS A7V400-MX, I performed some repairs, in practice I re-soldered various semi-detached components (SMD), unfortunately looking carefully I noticed that an SMD is missing, yes located near the corner opposite the doors, it is signed as D5, I guess it is a diode but it has three pins, nearby there is another similar one signed D2, but missing the D5 and not having a twin card, I cannot see if they are the same, in D2 there is something written on it, I guess it is an identification code to understand the corresponding value.
Here I wanted to ask, if someone has the same motherboard, can they take a picture so that the missing D5 is visible, or just report the reported value, or if they can tell me what to put in its place, it would still be fine.
Alternatively, not having an identical card, perhaps on a similar one there could be the same circuit, and maybe the D5 could be called DX, in that case it would help a lot.
The last idea would be to find photos online, resolute enough to be able to read the reported value, at the moment I have found some, but they are not that detailed, I hope you have better luck looking than me.
Thank you, if I find a replacement for that component, I will only have to do some welding in the back, there are some scratches that may have interrupted some tracks, in total I don't know how many there are but they should be a couple or little more.
I believe I previously wrote about the card, on the page where I usually write which is located here:
Re: Test and troubleshoot PC@LIVE motherboards
it might be boring, but i guess it might interest people like me, trying to fix old hardware.

Attachments

AMD 286-16 287-10 4MB HD 45MB VGA 256KB
AMD 386DX-40 Intel 387 8MB HD 81MB VGA 256KB
Cyrix 486DLC-40 IIT387-40 8MB VGA 512KB
AMD 5X86-133 16MB VGA VLB CL5428 2MB and many others
AMD K62+ 550 SOYO 5EMA+ and many others
AST Pentium Pro 200 MHz L2 256KB

Reply 1 of 2, by quicknick

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here are the boardviews for your board and the SE variant. The diode is a BAT54CW.
Good luck fixing your hardware!

Attachments

• Filename
    a7v400.rar
    File size
    774.81 KiB
    Downloads
    35 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 2, by PC@LIVE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
quicknick wrote on 2022-10-08, 20:47:

Here are the boardviews for your board and the SE variant. The diode is a BAT54CW.
Good luck fixing your hardware!

Ok thanks a lot friend.
I will look for a similar or identical component to replace the lost one.
Otherwise there are some traces to fix, there are some breakpoints, but it shouldn't be difficult to fix them, otherwise the card seems in good condition, but only after trying it will you understand if the repairs were successful.
Thank you very much for the attached file, I'll try to view the content, I hope it will be very useful.

AMD 286-16 287-10 4MB HD 45MB VGA 256KB
AMD 386DX-40 Intel 387 8MB HD 81MB VGA 256KB
Cyrix 486DLC-40 IIT387-40 8MB VGA 512KB
AMD 5X86-133 16MB VGA VLB CL5428 2MB and many others
AMD K62+ 550 SOYO 5EMA+ and many others
AST Pentium Pro 200 MHz L2 256KB