VOGONS

First post, by Zeerex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey all.

I have run into this issue now with boards: Asus P5A, Gigabyte GA-5AX , multiple cases and power supplies.

So the primary symptom is that the computer boots up and works as it normally does. Then after power down, the power button doesn’t work. Pulling the power cord in the back doesn’t seem to fix it. There is only one fix: pull the power cord on the motherboard’s ATX 20 pin connector and reseat it. This usually fixes it but it’s obviously awful.

Anyone else experience this? The most common denominator is that all these are Aladdin 5s, ATX and modern power supplies.

Last edited by Zeerex on 2022-10-14, 23:23. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I haven’t had that issue before.

Multiple mobos, Have you tried multiple psus?

Does it happen with minimal cards and a different video card?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 2 of 3, by Zeerex

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes different video cards sometimes with a Voodoo and also others. Very similar to this thread where the P5A works fine until it doesn’t and then magically comes back to life. The poster may not have known the 20 pin reseat trick: Broken Asus P5A?

EDIT: I’ve not thoroughly isolated this issue I guess, but I’ve never encountered it with a P5A-B or any MVP3 board.

Reply 3 of 3, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Clear cmos?

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)