VOGONS

First post, by obscuredcode

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I recently got this motherboard. It's been quite a mystery since the only manufacturer silkscreen label on it is just "PAT386 +-1". I'm a bit lost on the (proprietary?) memory slots. They are standard AT ISA connectors but they're mounted backwards from all the other ones on the board.

Attachments

• 1667178621085.jpg
    Filename
    1667178621085.jpg
    File size
    655.52 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 6, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For me the memory slots look similar to this one:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/tmc-my … at38px-ver.-4.0

Its is not ISA 😉 As there are no other RAM options you will have difficulties getting this running without such card. Maybe with some standard ISA RAM cards.

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
262.4 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0
s-l1600 (1).jpg
Filename
s-l1600 (1).jpg
File size
454.7 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

EDIT: No...the position of the connector is different on your board... 🙁

Reply 2 of 6, by obscuredcode

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know it's some sort of RAM because I can see some of the ISA address lines coming from the memory controller on the board. I think a RAM card might actually work but the problem for me is finding one that can start with a memory address at zero.

Reply 3 of 6, by InbetweenDays

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
obscuredcode wrote on 2022-10-31, 01:10:

I recently got this motherboard. It's been quite a mystery since the only manufacturer silkscreen label on it is just "PAT386 +-1". I'm a bit lost on the (proprietary?) memory slots. They are standard AT ISA connectors but they're mounted backwards from all the other ones on the board.

Hope this helps. Hot off the scanner 😀

I'll submit to theretroweb too when I get a chance.

Attachments

• Filename
    PAT386+ Manual.pdf
    File size
    590.17 KiB
    Downloads
    46 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got 5-pin DIN.
Roland addict and founding member of the Association Of Molex Haters

Reply 4 of 6, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just saw 304786187220 on ebay. That card looks suspiciously like it might fit your baord, and add SIMM slots. EDIT: weedeewee is right: This is a similar card for a similar board, but it won't fit here. The offer on ebay has a "non-reversed extra ISA slot" For what's the material on the card, the price is quite hefty, OTOH, it's a commercial seller and that card is quite rare.

Last edited by mkarcher on 2023-02-04, 17:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 6, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mkarcher wrote on 2023-02-04, 16:38:

Just saw 304786187220 on ebay. That card looks suspiciously like it might fit your baord, and add SIMM slots. For what's the material on the card, the price is quite hefty, OTOH, it's a commercial seller and that card is quite rare.

Won't work, connector is wrong.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 6 of 6, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
weedeewee wrote on 2023-02-04, 16:45:
mkarcher wrote on 2023-02-04, 16:38:

Just saw 304786187220 on ebay. That card looks suspiciously like it might fit your baord, and add SIMM slots. For what's the material on the card, the price is quite hefty, OTOH, it's a commercial seller and that card is quite rare.

Won't work, connector is wrong.

You are right, I edited the my post. The card likely serves the same purpose (break out a 32-bit RAM bus carried on a slot that looks like ISA to SIMM slots) as the card required for the original board.