VOGONS

First post, by BilyButcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently purchased 3 laptops one of them being a Panasonic CF-41. When I turn it on, I hear the fans running and I see the green power indicator, but no other LEDs are on. Now im pretty sure this is a ram issue, but the problem is I don't know how to get into it without making it worse. Can anyone send me instructions on how to take it apart?

Thank you 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, I've never seen a service manual for the cf-41. From what I recall though, you can just remove the screws on the bottom to remove the top case and carefully separate the two halves.

One thing to be aware of is that if you want to take apart the screen, the screws at the bottom of the LCD are the important ones, then the magnesium rear shell slides down and off.

When taking off the top case, I think the flex cable for the CD-ROM drive is the one you need to be careful for, but it's been a while since I opened up my one to clean out the battery corrosion. There are some pictures of the insides on this person's page which should give you a good idea of what to do: http://laptop.pics/panasonic-cf-41-toughbook/