VOGONS

First post, by _StIwY_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello i just got a Sound Blaster AWE 32 CT2670 but remains unrecognizable under BIOS and Windows 98 while another old SB 16 ISA is perfectly recognized. Do i have to assume the card is broken or maybe there is a conflict with the motherboard ( an Asus P3B-F with latest BIOS upgraded). Or maybe since it is not PnP do i have ti configure it manually ?

There are some jumpers at the audio card but i do not want to touch anything unless i know what i'm doing. Any tip is appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 6, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good job, it's arguably one of the best AWE32 model. It is not Plug and Play, so it's normal you don't see it in the PnP devices when booting, or that it is not automatically detected by Win98.

Being non-PnP, it is actually configured by jumpers. You will find an explanation for them there.

In Win98, you will have to manually add the card via add new hardware. It hopefully should come up during the second phase (non-PnP device detection) of the wizard, if there's no conflict.

Hopefully this gets you started - good luck 😀

Reply 2 of 6, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

IRQ, DMA and HDMA are software configurable, I suggest leaving them to the default values for now which are 5, 1 and 5 respectively.

In DOS it must be initialized with DIAGNOSE /S after the BLASTER environment variable is set.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 4 of 6, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Search for program UNISOUND here on Vogons and run it. It will configure the card to use in games. It will also show how much memory it has - 2, 8, 28MB is possible via 2x SIMMs.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs