VOGONS

First post, by underthebridge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
A while back I managed to acquire the Acculogic Rampat! plus expansion card (for my Tandy 1000 TL).
However, after searching extensively, I could not find the drivers that are supposed to come with it (only the regular Rampat driver disk is available).
The Rampat Plus floppy disk is clearly different. Also I can see by the instructions it's different (https://archive.org/details/ramp-at-plus-boar … age/n1/mode/2up).
Would anybody having the Acculogic Rampat plus floppy be kind enough to image it and share?
If so I'd be immensely appreciative.
For example, I know that certain users on this forum have it boxed (for instance Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today). However, I apparently don't have the ability to PM (yet).
Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 16, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You need > 25 posts to PM afaik.
Did you try the regular Acculogic Rampat drivers ?

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 16, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can quote a post from another thread in your own thread so the poster gets notified about your thread.

frankmonk wrote on 2022-08-14, 15:14:

Finally found a boxed rampat! Plus that might go into a Tandy 1000TL/2
Screenshot_2022-08-14-17-11-16-560_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Reply 3 of 16, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Doornkaat wrote on 2022-12-22, 05:46:

You can quote a post from another thread in your own thread so the poster gets notified about your thread.

wait what? never seen that, neat

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 4 of 16, by underthebridge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for comments. I already tried quoting the user who had boxed Rampat plus but I'm guessing my post got lost in that huge thread. I guess I'll keep working on my post count in the meantime 😊.

The original Rampat drivers may work. It has software compatibility with LIM 4.0 EMS. What's included with that is Quadtel Expanded Memory Manager version 4.0 (MM.sys file), which is an Acculogic-specific version of the Quadtel driver.

The Rampat Plus though has hardware support for LIM 4.0 EMS. The installer is also different for the Rampat plus and it was released at a newer date (see attached). So the driver may be a later version- this is what I was really hoping for, also would be nice to run what's intended for the card. It would also be great to have drivers finally available to all as it really needs to be preserved.

Attachments

• rampat.png
    Filename
    rampat.png
    File size
    23.6 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • rampat plus.jpg
    Filename
    rampat plus.jpg
    File size
    61.61 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 5 of 16, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My experience with a RAMpat+ and extended memory is your bios recognizes it or it doesn’t. There’s no driver that you can load after it boots to change that.

Expanded memory will need an EMM driver.

There is this thread: Acculogic RamPat! (plus) drivers

Reply 6 of 16, by underthebridge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
douglar wrote on 2022-12-22, 15:31:

My experience with a RAMpat+ and extended memory is your bios recognizes it or it doesn’t. There’s no driver that you can load after it boots to change that.

Expanded memory will need an EMM driver.

There is this thread: Acculogic RamPat! (plus) drivers

Thanks- you may well be right. Though the fact remains that still don't know what's actually on the Rampat Plus disk. The manual has been scanned, but oddly no disk content has ever circulated (unlike the original Rampat disk).
Hopefully someone can change that soon... 😉

Reply 7 of 16, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
underthebridge wrote on 2022-12-22, 00:49:

Would anybody having the Acculogic Rampat plus floppy be kind enough to image it and share?

Attached.

Be sure to supply the undocumented "/Z" parameter with the other MM.SYS switches. 😉

Attachments

• Filename
    RPPLUS14.ZIP
    File size
    386.58 KiB
    Downloads
    59 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Cloudschatze on 2022-12-23, 15:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 16, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Cloudschatze wrote on 2022-12-23, 04:13:

Attached.

Be sure to supply the undocumented "/Z" parameter with the other MM.SYS switches. 😉

Thanks ! added to my archive and will add it to Vogons Library this weekend.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 9 of 16, by underthebridge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Attached.

Perfect 👌. Thank you kindly!! 🙏
Nice to also see being added to vogondrivers. If desired could also include manual (linked above), and original Rampat drivers (ftp://oldskool.org/pub/misc/Hardware/Acculogic/ ).
I'm slowly working my way through archiving my floppies, at some point need to add all my stuff (maybe the onset of winter will make that easier...)

Reply 10 of 16, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Attached.

Windows Defender says:
Virus:DOS/Stoned_Monkey.B in DISKIMG/RPPLUS14.720
archive also contains Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

Reply 11 of 16, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
douglar wrote on 2022-12-23, 14:38:
Windows Defender says: Virus:DOS/Stoned_Monkey.B in DISKIMG/RPPLUS14.720 archive also contains Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml […]
Show full quote

Attached.

Windows Defender says:
Virus:DOS/Stoned_Monkey.B in DISKIMG/RPPLUS14.720
archive also contains Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml

How embarrassing.

I've re-uploaded the archive with a 720K image dump from a non-infected diskette. Thank-you for the catch, douglar!

Reply 14 of 16, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I scanned the new .ZIP with Defender in Win7 and it found nothing (using last weeks definition dated 12/16/2022), sure did in the old one 🤣
Also: if Defender flags a file I always use Virustotal.com to check it more thoroughly....

Reply 15 of 16, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
douglar wrote on 2022-12-23, 17:51:

Windows Defender still says the archive has "Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml"

False postive?

Quite likely. Wacatac.B is known to be prone to false positives. It's a kind of "this somehow looks similar to a trojan script" detection. As I understand it, the "ml" at the end refers to a detection supported by machine learning on a big database of software samples.

Reply 16 of 16, by Masaw

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Use my DOS antivirus (it can handle several most common boot and file viruses without even the need to boot from clean system disk because it can disable the virus even if it's active) to remove Monkey viruses after you are done writing the disk image into a floppy disk or mounting it in VM/DOSBOX-X

Attachments

• Filename
    VCHECK.exe
    File size
    62.38 KiB
    Downloads
    34 downloads
    File comment
    Virus Check+ for DOS v2.0 Beta
    File license
    Public domain