VOGONS

First post, by Kevin05113

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,
I'm Kevin and I'm new to Vogons 😀

I own a Vobis Highscreen Advance 2 Laptop with a P266MMX, ESS1869, 64mb RAM and if I recall correctly Trident 9525 graphics and. I have a problem with the sound getting to work under real DOS and DOS mode from Windows. The driver from here initializes the card, I hear a little I would say 'click' and the driver shows me the values for the volume but I don't hear any music at all, no General Midi, no Adlib. It only worked once, when I installed the driver for Windows 3.1 in Windows 3.11 but after the restart and initialization again: no music. By the way, Sound FX works all the time. I have the exact opposite problem with a Toshiba Satellite 2550CDT, music works but no Sound FX. I think it has an ESS1979 (but I'm not sure)

Here a list of what I tried / found out:
-see if I can change the DMA/IRQ/Adress of the soundcard in the BIOS (cannot see or change these settings on both Laptops).

-installed the driver on DOS 6.22, Windows 3.11, Windows 95 and Windows 98SE, only with a Win95 boot disc the music seems more often to work on the Highscreen.

-googled for other drivers but don't found a working one.

-the music works in Windows.

I appreciate all advices 😀