VOGONS

First post, by ppepealdoropo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I had a problem with this motherboard I'm 5eas.
The device does not give video and I think it is the fault of the unisem US2075 mosfet because it does not give voltage when testing with a multimeter. Thank you very much in advance and I hope someone can help me since I don't know what to do

Attachments

Reply 1 of 5, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what motherboard? can you find it on ultimate retro? and drop the link here?

here is how to check voltage:

go from here to the ground of the case or a screw note the DC voltage

use a resistor leg closed into the socket without a CPU

Attachments

• 03fig18.gif
    Filename
    03fig18.gif
    File size
    34.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 2 of 5, by ppepealdoropo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sphere478 wrote on 2023-01-03, 06:30:
what motherboard? can you find it on ultimate retro? and drop the link here? […]
Show full quote

what motherboard? can you find it on ultimate retro? and drop the link here?

here is how to check voltage:

go from here to the ground of the case or a screw note the DC voltage

use a resistor leg closed into the socket without a CPU

First, thanks you for answer.
This mother is a Soyo sy-5eas of 1997 year.
And also note that I made a voltage error when changing a processor (since the monitor did not show video) and I gave it more voltage than it required and I saw the smoke coming out of the area of ​​the 3 mosfets. Regards and good year.

Reply 3 of 5, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ppepealdoropo wrote on 2023-01-03, 11:15:

And also note that I made a voltage error when changing a processor (since the monitor did not show video) and I gave it more voltage than it required and I saw the smoke coming out of the area of ​​the 3 mosfets.

whaaaa
Could you try to be a little bit more elaborative?
1 change thread title to include model of the board and defect, something like "fried Soyo sy-5eas" for example
2 what _exactly_ did you do? what voltage did you set? do you have second cpu for testing?

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 4 of 5, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

what cpu did you install?

wasn't a cyrix media gx or geode was it? those are not compatible with normal motherboards. totally different pinout.

in any case conventional wisdom would imply, replace the smoky parts, call up mouser and tell em the part number and make an order.

BTW:
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/soyo-sy-5eas

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 5 of 5, by jnemo2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have also problems with my motherboard a PCCHIPS M560 with a Pentium 1 MMX 200Mhz. This motherboard boot perfectly first time. I can see in the screen the memory count and processor identification. I go to BIOS setup, stablish date and time , save and restart. Motherboard does not boot anymore. I see in the PC test card the codes E3 60 and nothing else. Maybe, tomorrow I will install all the components in the motherboard and propably it will boot again but only one time. I have replace a capacitor 1500uF 6,3 V close to the procesor just to check if the cap was the gulty but not. Thank you.

I disconnect and remove everything and after an hour I will put everything in place including a FDD with W98 boot disk. Everytning was fine also the FDD was working and boot the with floppy disk. I restart the computer with the keyboard alt+Crtl+del and the motherboard boot perfectly. I shutdown the computer by the switch off and when I switch on the motherboard does not boot and stops in th d0 -- code.

The BIOS is an AMIBIOS AMERICA MEGATRENDS.

2023-01-09 When I connect the PSU, I can see the POST codes running in the display of the test card until it stops in any. Then, I switch off /on and the POST code stops in the same codes than before until I disconnect the PSU, then the BIOS stops (probably ) in other POST codes.