VOGONS

First post, by jm764

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone.

I am looking for anyone who might have the CD or an image of the recover partition for a CP-2286 system.

I had saved this system from being recycled a few years back and while it had a recovery partition it didn't include the original CD for it.
I did have an old image backup of the HDD till last year where the NAS I had the file saved on failed completely, so all I have left is two CD-R disk I had managed to burn using the original tool on the HDD when I first got it.

While he burned disk still work, they seem to be missing a few files (notably drivers) that seem to be specific to this system and some of the oem sofware.
It works without them, I'd love to "fully restore" it to display for friends/family to play around on it with me being able to restore it fully any time.

I found a "Compaq QuickRestore - Compaq Presario 2284/2289" iso on the Internet Archive as the closest match, so I'll try that and see if it's any different from what I managed to recove for the 2286 disk off the drive.

Also if anyone want's my copy of the files, just let me know. 😉

Reply 1 of 1, by lti

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't tried it, but the picture of the CD here matches the CD that came with my 2286:
https://archive.org/details/u-3115-cd-1-q-27

I might have made an image of my exact disc, but I don't know where to upload it in case that one is wrong.

As I mentioned in another thread, be careful after the restore process completes. You have to restart one extra time after Windows appears to be ready to use, and it goes through the restore process a second time. It's a weird bug in the restore software.