VOGONS

First post, by Crichton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Vogons!
I've finally made an account here in search of help. I've had this old board in storage for a long time, it was my dad's computer that he got probably around 1990-1992 and I've been wanting to put it in a case and get it running again.
I've been searching high and low but I can't seem to find anything on this motherboard, it uses the ACT A27C011 chipset, and has two AMI BIOS chips. The sticker on the daughterboard ISA slot alludes to it being a PC-Chips motherboard but nothing I've found matches mine.
I've put images into an album here, pardon the dust on it https://imgur.com/a/E8eHdbe

Thanks!

Reply 2 of 7, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

To make things easier...no do not recogonize it on a quick look...

Attachments

• ds4VTDY_s.jpg
    Filename
    ds4VTDY_s.jpg
    File size
    652.49 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • KuEY6dF_s.jpg
    Filename
    KuEY6dF_s.jpg
    File size
    49.69 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • ImV7FG7_s.jpg
    Filename
    ImV7FG7_s.jpg
    File size
    194.2 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 3 of 7, by Crichton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jakethompson1 wrote on 2023-02-25, 02:04:

Looks like PCPartner numbering scheme. Do you have the card for that long ISA-like slot at the bottom? I don't see a provision for RAM otherwise.

Yeah I added it to the album, looks like I made it in time before Horun linked the pictures in the thread. And I think I agree that it's a PCPartner board, looks similar to the PCPartner 486SX M.

Reply 4 of 7, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Crichton wrote on 2023-02-25, 02:29:

Looks like PCPartner numbering scheme. Do you have the card for that long ISA-like slot at the bottom? I don't see a provision for RAM otherwise.

Yeah I added it to the album, looks like I made it in time before Horun linked the pictures in the thread. And I think I agree that it's a PCPartner board, looks similar to the PCPartner 486SX M.

Guess there's nothing to do but to try it out and see. Are those 256KB or 1MB SIMMs on the RAM card? And it's odd that one SIMM is off to itself instead of all twelve of those sockets to the right being filled.

Reply 5 of 7, by Crichton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jakethompson1 wrote on 2023-02-25, 02:50:
Crichton wrote on 2023-02-25, 02:29:

Guess there's nothing to do but to try it out and see. Are those 256KB or 1MB SIMMs on the RAM card? And it's odd that one SIMM is off to itself instead of all twelve of those sockets to the right being filled.

I am actually unsure, I forgot how much my dad said was originally in there but knowing him it was probably 1MB SIMMs, that lonely SIMM is there because at one point they were all populated, some SIMMs came off over time unfortunately. So I'll probably want to fill in the slots. I also have no way of testing the board out unfortunately as I don't own an AT power supply right now, or have any way to get video off of it for that matter.