VOGONS

First post, by Gopher666

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 360 phats don't have RTC in them. I wonder what was the reasoning behind this, to keep the costs down or don't bother with the extra shipping regulation on lithium batteries 😀
I guess in 2005 nobody care fuck all about that so it's probably the first.

Any way to feed the time into this thing?

I have the usual DHCP option it doesn't care about it:
option ntp-servers 10.10.0.1;

Problem is that this way it only stores the time till u disconnect the physical power which is a lot for me due to glitches and needs to be power cycled then the time goes back to 2005.

You imagine how is this a problem that your savegames are always at some point in 2005 dont even know wtf u were doing 2 months ago anymore.

What's interesting that the XboX time stops at 2025 :DDDD

So even if I fix this it will be good for 2 more years.

Reply 1 of 1, by Ryccardo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Probably the first too - the previous model uses a supercapacitor to keep the SMC running... for barely 3 hours and they have the reliability of a Varta battery on a 286 or a Maxell in a Mac!

So, most third party dashboards got (S)NTP support into them and it tends to work...
...but the 360 was the first "always online" system, you're expected to always login as you use it and that includes copying the time off Microsoft servers!

From some summary research only Freestyle has actual SNTP or NTP, it seems? ("static", not from DHCP)