First post, by Minutemanqvs
Yesterday I wanted to boot my Slot A system which has a Shuttle AI61 mainboard, manual is available at https://download.shuttle.eu/Archive_2004/Manuals/en/ai61/ as zip files, it's version "v12" if needed. It did boot just fine, I could go in the BIOS and set some...settings as it didn't have a battery inserted and thus lost all configuration. Then I rebooted, it passed the "Updating ESCD" and just started to boot Windows as far as I can tell before freezing.
Now it does that on boot:
I tried to:
- Use a PCI graphics card
- Change memory modules, PC100 and PC133
- Change the CPU, Athlon 750 and Athlon 500
- Remove the battery to clear CMOS
- Set the CPU voltage manually instead of the "auto" setting
- Re-seating the BIOS chip
- Without RAM the beeping sound changes
- Without CPU nothing happens
None of the capacitors seems bulged and there are not that many jumpers on this mainboard. Any clue would be welcome...
Searching a Ride mP6, PM me if you have one.