VOGONS

Help - did I fry my motherboard?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by VivienM

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry to keep replying to myself, but after a few tries, put the second channel of RAM back in, and it's back to POSTing with 8 gigs of RAM.

I should probably do a few hours of memtest86 at some point, but...

Good news, I guess - since I am not going to try to return this lovely PSU to the computer store, I don't think, I guess I am back where I should have been a week ago with a new PSU. Time to plug the SSD back in and see if Windows recognizes the new video card...

Reply 21 of 22, by butjer1010

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VivienM wrote on 2023-06-02, 04:59:

Sorry to keep replying to myself, but after a few tries, put the second channel of RAM back in, and it's back to POSTing with 8 gigs of RAM.

I should probably do a few hours of memtest86 at some point, but...

Good news, I guess - since I am not going to try to return this lovely PSU to the computer store, I don't think, I guess I am back where I should have been a week ago with a new PSU. Time to plug the SSD back in and see if Windows recognizes the new video card...

I don't understand You. You asked for help, in 2nd post, bogdanpaulb told You what to do, after few posts , shevalier told You the same thing, then I did the same, and finally SquallStrife also told You what to do. It is so simple (take the RAM out) that You could do that in a 15 seconds, but still, You resisted for almost a week. Now You telling here to everybody that this worked???? I'm so pi$$ed right now, it's better to keep my mouth shut!

Reply 22 of 22, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No need to be PO'ed man, it's a learning process.

Glad you got there in the end OP.

Moral of the story is: assume nothing, test everything.

When you assume, you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'. Mostly u though. 😉

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread