VOGONS

First post, by AlessandroB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

my Microsoft cheap keyboard work perfectly under dos (win98se system start in dos mode from boot), but mouse do not work at all… strange, because they share the same USB receiver… the computer is a Single Board Computer, all in one full lenght card, chipset BX and cpu celeron socket 370. Can anyone help me? tnks

Reply 1 of 4, by rasz_pl

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

you need special USB Legacy support in bios for USB keyboard. Im not even sure if that includes mouse support.
mouse should work in windows no problem, if it doesnt validate receiver in another computer

Open Source AT&T Globalyst/NCR/FIC 486-GAC-2 proprietary Cache Module reproduction

Reply 2 of 4, by BoyCheeky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Building on the above suggestion, your BIOS might have a USB legacy support feature that might need to be enabled, but there might also be options called something like "USB Mouse Support" and "USB Keyboard Support", which can be set to OS or BIOS. If set to OS, then it is the operating system's job to handle the USB peripherals. If set to BIOS, then the BIOS will present the USB keyboard or mouse as a PS2 device, which should work under DOS.
If this is not possible, then one of these drivers might work: http://bretjohnson.us/programs/usbdos.zip

Reply 3 of 4, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The DOS USB drivers from Bret Johnson works, but they consume a lot of memory when loaded.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 4 of 4, by bogdanpaulb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On a BX chipset, slim chances of 'usb mouse support', those boards tend to have only(at least the ones i had) usb keyboard support no matter the naming of the feature.