VOGONS

Collection rationale

Topic actions

Reply 160 of 162, by doublebuffer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Repo Man11 wrote on 2023-08-06, 00:05:

In each case, the amount of satisfaction I received after getting all three working made the time and effort investment well worthwhile for me.

Not to mention they are quality boards worth preserving.

Reply 161 of 162, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

That PCJr game Kings Quest I saw on Ebay last week went for $761 USD before that I saw them going from $150-250. Few years ago $25... well I'm guessing someone was watching last week's auction as one just went up for $1300.

I don't mind the free market doing its thing but sometimes it just makes me sit back and laugh....... and cry at the same time.

Reply 162 of 162, by Ensign Nemo

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Grem Five wrote on 2023-08-07, 15:13:

That PCJr game Kings Quest I saw on Ebay last week went for $761 USD before that I saw them going from $150-250. Few years ago $25... well I'm guessing someone was watching last week's auction as one just went up for $1300.

I don't mind the free market doing its thing but sometimes it just makes me sit back and laugh....... and cry at the same time.

As much as it sucks to see these massively inflated prices, it is a small consolidation prize that they are being preserved. If there was no demand for old hardware and boxed games, a lot of this stuff would end up in a landfill. Either way it would be hard for us to get our hands on them.