VOGONS

First post, by freekymachine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya.

After Ages i finally got it back together !!
Back in the Days, i must have built like 20 of these machines for Customers and had one myself, but sold 🙁

Always missed it, and now i got one 😀

Works - but has ancient bios on it and cant find latest one anywhere - also not sure if i could use the Celsius 600 one ?! - rather wouldnt, want the orig. Iwill one - but either way, cant work with this old bios - not sure, doesnt want to go full 4GB, the Xeon MP 3Ghz work, ofc with small ID Error, which can be pressed away.

img_5742vtef9.jpg
img_5753x9ez3.jpg
img_5747mcfad.jpg
img_5741pzeql.jpg

Any Idea, or anyone can upload me his Bios files ?

thanks & greetings 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
freekymachine wrote on 2023-07-31, 22:57:
Heya. […]
Show full quote

Heya.

After Ages i finally got it back together !!
Back in the Days, i must have built like 20 of these machines for Customers and had one myself, but sold 🙁

Always missed it, and now i got one 😀

Works - but has ancient bios on it and cant find latest one anywhere - also not sure if i could use the Celsius 600 one ?! - rather wouldnt, want the orig. Iwill one - but either way, cant work with this old bios - not sure, doesnt want to go full 4GB, the Xeon MP 3Ghz work, ofc with small ID Error, which can be pressed away.

img_5742vtef9.jpg
img_5753x9ez3.jpg
img_5747mcfad.jpg
img_5741pzeql.jpg

Any Idea, or anyone can upload me his Bios files ?

thanks & greetings 😀

There's a support page for the board on The Retro Web at https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/iwill-dx400 but they don't seem to carry the very latest BIOS, which I've attached below. Also, I'm sure the Retro Web team would welcome some hi-res pics of your board & memory riser for their site database https://theretroweb.com/info/contributions

Filename
dx0809.exe
File size
297.31 KiB
Downloads
31 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

*EDIT* - I've asked the TRW team to add this latest version to the downloads page

Reply 2 of 6, by freekymachine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2023-08-01, 02:00:

There's a support page for the board on The Retro Web at https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/iwill-dx400 but they don't seem to carry the very latest BIOS, which I've attached below. Also, I'm sure the Retro Web team would welcome some hi-res pics of your board & memory riser for their site database https://theretroweb.com/info/contributions

dx0809.exe

*EDIT* - I've asked the TRW team to add this latest version to the downloads page

Thanks a lot !!!!

Took your 0809 file, worked perfectly - and suddenly the Board doesnt feel crippled anymore, had so many weird bugs, random freezes, didnt like certain rd-rams, keyboards, cpu best only single-socket, Boot errors etc.

With that latest one it runs as it should be!!

And damn, not that i know ofc retroweb, but didnt got idea myself go directly there, was ofc only google and retroweb didnt pop up... - but well 😀

img_5759odcjm.jpg
dxnaizm.jpg

Thanks again!!!!!

And yeah, will do, did already some pictures, but none are satisfying enough for Retro-Web - did just weld back together old Lamp, might get me the correct light to do awesome pictures..i hope.
So they can have one good pic of the Board and one of the Memory Board 😀

Reply 3 of 6, by freekymachine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Also, I'm sure the Retro Web team would welcome some hi-res pics of your board & memory riser for their site database

Aaand since im already on that site checking...what could they maybe need too 😀

i see you already posted a pic of the IBM Intel OR840 😜 - was thinking of adding it too + i have the orig. Intel OR840, with the Mouse-Support Bios

++ - nbot done yet, first attempt bit fail-ish - Friend of mine "found" one of those IBM Boards, thoughts its worthless, so i told him "hellno" + the story about it...aaand then he was like "there must be a way to flash the orig. Intel bios to the IBM one" - and he succeded, sent me the Board, but..i guess he didnt test the board before enough, to make sure it was stable, before he modded - cause it did run, but not very long - other friend who has the same board, said "do a recap", so i did, but didnt help - Board doesnt do much currently

But i saw with my own eyes and do know how maaybe to remove the IBm stuff and turn it into an Intel OR840 with the Mouse-supported Bios - all i need would be another IBM OR840, since the one i have, id rather keep orig. - the other one, which doesnt work currently... well, maybe in winter i try again + maaaybe i find one day another IBM or840, which i could try to turn it into an Intel one.

Reply 4 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
freekymachine wrote on 2023-08-01, 19:33:
Aaand since im already on that site checking...what could they maybe need too :) […]
Show full quote

Also, I'm sure the Retro Web team would welcome some hi-res pics of your board & memory riser for their site database

Aaand since im already on that site checking...what could they maybe need too 😀

i see you already posted a pic of the IBM Intel OR840 😜 - was thinking of adding it too + i have the orig. Intel OR840, with the Mouse-Support Bios

++ - nbot done yet, first attempt bit fail-ish - Friend of mine "found" one of those IBM Boards, thoughts its worthless, so i told him "hellno" + the story about it...aaand then he was like "there must be a way to flash the orig. Intel bios to the IBM one" - and he succeded, sent me the Board, but..i guess he didnt test the board before enough, to make sure it was stable, before he modded - cause it did run, but not very long - other friend who has the same board, said "do a recap", so i did, but didnt help - Board doesnt do much currently

But i saw with my own eyes and do know how maaybe to remove the IBm stuff and turn it into an Intel OR840 with the Mouse-supported Bios - all i need would be another IBM OR840, since the one i have, id rather keep orig. - the other one, which doesnt work currently... well, maybe in winter i try again + maaaybe i find one day another IBM or840, which i could try to turn it into an Intel one.

Glad the latest BIOS upgrade worked out (think you were originally on the board release version hence the flakiness maybe) - see it now posts as a DF400 rather than DX400; was that a purely FSC Celsius 600 naming thing?

TheRetroWeb team are always looking for new content - boards they don't have (pics, info, docs, BIOS FILES) or improvements, corrections to ones they do. For your DX/DF400, looks like they could use full-on hi res board pics ( front & backside) and probaby the same for the MEC8 (although I think I've seen MEC8 pics listed there with another board)

Reply 6 of 6, by freekymachine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks aswell for the Bios-file !

Pics were done few days after PC Hoarder suggested I should send you some.

And yes, the DF400 is the Celsius 600 Board - but seems ofc exactly the same one, with maybe some minor changes to Bios ?!
Maybe I get one sooner or later, then I will post again here 😀

Laters