VOGONS

First post, by DundyTheCroc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At work I have old Compaq ProLiant ML350G1 server for scrapping, do you think it worth saving it?
No AGP, only 32 and 64bit PCI slots and one ISA, here are some quick specs:
https://www.harddrivesdirect.com/quickspecs_p … ant_ML350G1.php

Reply 1 of 9, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sure, it's worth it for the case alone.

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 2 of 9, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Isnt that a dual Pentium 3 ? I really like early multiprocessor computers that are still usable because the super specific mainboard is still in the original case 😉
For me it would be a shame to not save the whole system ... even if its a little bit on the chonky side...

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 3 of 9, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DerBaum wrote on 2023-08-21, 10:15:

Isnt that a dual Pentium 3 ? I really like early multiprocessor computers that are still usable because the super specific mainboard is still in the original case 😉
For me it would be a shame to not save the whole system ... even if its a little bit on the chonky side...

Sure, install lightweight Linux distributions on it.

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 4 of 9, by DundyTheCroc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DerBaum wrote on 2023-08-21, 10:15:

Yes, dual P3, still in the case (really big case), I have all other parts stored.

board.jpg
Filename
board.jpg
File size
122.77 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 5 of 9, by detritus olentus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got one of these sitting around that I've been meaning to unload but it is just so heavy if I were to sell and have to ship it. Mine is missing the door that covers the drive bays though. I live near Philly if anyone wants to take it away.

gWSJi23.png
https://archive.org/details/@detritus_olentus
Philly Burbs.

Reply 6 of 9, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was on the lookout for something like this! Early servers are getting rare and wanted one for a NT4 Server build. Dual CPU, SCSI,

I'm not alone inside the retro computer community is an even smaller retro enterprise level group. I would advertise it on ebay/Facebook as collection only, if no one wants it you could try giving it away or part it out, I had good luck with selling just server parts, It would be a shame to part out something like this but at least the parts will live on.

Reply 7 of 9, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes worth saving ! detritus if I lived closer than 1000+ miles I would take it. If you sell it at the least try to keep the case, motherboard and psu as one unit if you decide to keep the stored parts.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun