VOGONS

First post, by SFMG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello I have a Compaq Presario SR1200NX running with a AMD Sempron 2800+ running at 2Ghz it comes with a VIA S3G UniChrome IGP GPU built in and currently has 1.5GB memory it runs Windows XP Home Edition.

as I'm currently typing this at 9:40PM my time I have been working on this all day with no luck finding a way to either force the GPU to use a resolution I want, Get it to recognise my monitor's actual resolution, or update the BIOS on this thing.

The PC originally came with Windows XP Home Edition and has a product key to match, it did not come with the Compaq Quick Restore CD nor do I know anyway to find a BIOS update.

The current BIOS Revision running on this machine is v3.11, if there's a newer one I'd like to know ( as well as a way to install the BIOS update )

if anyone can either link a place where I can get these things or at least point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin M

Reply 1 of 3, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SFMG wrote on 2023-09-30, 04:40:
Hello I have a Compaq Presario SR1200NX running with a AMD Sempron 2800+ running at 2Ghz it comes with a VIA S3G UniChrome IGP G […]
Show full quote

Hello I have a Compaq Presario SR1200NX running with a AMD Sempron 2800+ running at 2Ghz it comes with a VIA S3G UniChrome IGP GPU built in and currently has 1.5GB memory it runs Windows XP Home Edition.

as I'm currently typing this at 9:40PM my time I have been working on this all day with no luck finding a way to either force the GPU to use a resolution I want, Get it to recognise my monitor's actual resolution, or update the BIOS on this thing.

The PC originally came with Windows XP Home Edition and has a product key to match, it did not come with the Compaq Quick Restore CD nor do I know anyway to find a BIOS update.

The current BIOS Revision running on this machine is v3.11, if there's a newer one I'd like to know ( as well as a way to install the BIOS update )

if anyone can either link a place where I can get these things or at least point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin M

I dont see much relevant information in your post to help you

But i have sucess with unicrome using PowerStrip, did you try already?

Reply 2 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Hello I have a Compaq Presario SR1200NX running with a AMD Sempron 2800+ running at 2Ghz it comes with a VIA S3G UniChrome IGP G […]
Show full quote

Regards,
Kevin M

Your systems motherboard is an Asus OEM model for Compaq / HP...this one

https://web.archive.org/web/20150106065717/ht … &product=433683

or

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/asus-a … p-oem#downloads

The latest BIOS is v3.15 with install instructions (both attached)

Filename
sp26567.exe
File size
1.01 MiB
Downloads
26 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
sp26567.txt
File size
1.93 KiB
Downloads
28 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

You can find their latest Via/S3G UniChrome IGP Drivers (version 6.14.10.194 / 22-Dec-2004) here - https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1079179

Reply 3 of 3, by SFMG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2023-09-30, 07:19:
Your systems motherboard is an Asus OEM model for Compaq / HP...this one […]
Show full quote
Show full quote

Regards,
Kevin M

Your systems motherboard is an Asus OEM model for Compaq / HP...this one

https://web.archive.org/web/20150106065717/ht … &product=433683

or

https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/asus-a … p-oem#downloads

The latest BIOS is v3.15 with install instructions (both attached)

sp26567.exe
sp26567.txt

You can find their latest Via/S3G UniChrome IGP Drivers (version 6.14.10.194 / 22-Dec-2004) here - https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1079179

you are a savior PC Hoarder Patrol I've looked everywhere and found nothing on this machine, I had recently found out that someone found it and had realised that it had been stolen from my parents house when I was a kid so this helps alot knowing the person who sold it to me was willing to send it to me for free I still paid him simply because I was happy to finally have my family's PC back, thank you so much

Regards,
Kevin M