VOGONS

First post, by JustARetroGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Edit: The model is CPi-A 300ST, not X. From what I gather the only difference is in the display size, so it probably doesn't matter.

Since I was having some issues in suspending/resuming in Windows 98 and found a floppy drive for this machine, I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to upgrade the BIOS to the newest version. The erasing process took forever and a half, but the system fully froze at 12% of writing. After leaving it for a couple hours, just to see it was still the same, I force-powered it off, and of course now it doesn't boot.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal, since flashers and the required adapter aren't too expensive and I figure I'd need one later on as well. The issue is that Dell doesn't release BIOS updates as .bin files, but as a DOS executable meant to be run on the target machine. The Retro Web yielded no results, unfortunately. So now I'm stuck with a bit of a paperweight, unless of course someone is willing to take a dump (heh) of the chip's contents.