VOGONS

First post, by cnpr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all i Recently got a vga to hdmi converter for my windows 98 pc. it will boot fine on the main video card but when i play a game on the voodoo 2 get a black screen. I hear music playing on it and everything. i have tested with the crt monitor i have laying around and both video cards works fine. is there anything i can do to get it working with the converter.

Reply 1 of 5, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe the converter doesn't support the low 800x600 resolution from the Voodoo²? What resolution is your 2D card running?

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 2 of 5, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you tried setting different screen refresh rates on each resolution for the Voodoo2?

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 4 of 5, by giantclam

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cnpr wrote on 2023-10-03, 04:47:

Hello all i Recently got a vga to hdmi converter for my windows 98 pc. it will boot fine on the main video card but when i play a game on the voodoo 2 get a black screen. I hear music playing on it and everything. i have tested with the crt monitor i have laying around and both video cards works fine. is there anything i can do to get it working with the converter.

Which vga to hdmi converter? What hdmi display unit?

Reply 5 of 5, by cnpr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

its made by foinnex.i also have one made by cable matters both are very similar. forgot to mention that the crt does let me pick the refresh rate just not the converter. if it help i have a samsung gaming 144heatz monitor at 2560x1440.