VOGONS

First post, by Iarsin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, is there a possibility to repair or find a replacement part for the broken P8 socket on the Mainboard?

I don't know the exact wording for search such a part on eBay or AliExpress.

I may can resolder one of a currently broken mainboard, but I thought I may try to repair them also.

The PSU seems okay, but before I unplugged P8 and p9 it only rotated the ventilator for a fraction of a moment and then I guess it stopped the PSU due to a short circuit on the board, or maybe the broken P8 socket?

I had severe issues to plug P8 back and after ten minutes or so of trying to get it in I saw the metal pins of the socket were all broken of the socket. I think that was the reason why I can't get it in, but who knows? Maybe I did it myself? But I'm not aware to used such a force.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Iarsin wrote on 2023-10-21, 13:25:
Hi, is there a possibility to repair or find a replacement part for the broken P8 socket on the Mainboard? […]
Show full quote

Hi, is there a possibility to repair or find a replacement part for the broken P8 socket on the Mainboard?

I don't know the exact wording for search such a part on eBay or AliExpress.

I may can resolder one of a currently broken mainboard, but I thought I may try to repair them also.

The PSU seems okay, but before I unplugged P8 and p9 it only rotated the ventilator for a fraction of a moment and then I guess it stopped the PSU due to a short circuit on the board, or maybe the broken P8 socket?

I had severe issues to plug P8 back and after ten minutes or so of trying to get it in I saw the metal pins of the socket were all broken of the socket. I think that was the reason why I can't get it in, but who knows? Maybe I did it myself? But I'm not aware to used such a force.

Similar question recently asked - Replacement for AT P8/P9 pin power connector