VOGONS

First post, by stlouis1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone,

Quick question... I got an Asus P2-99 the other night and I've updated to the 1012 to make sure it supports the 800mhz slot 1 Pentium 3 CPU I already had here. But there's a new 1013 beta bios on their website as well but there's 2 versions of it listed. One is listed as "Without hardware monitor"

Now in the 1012 bios I don't see any hardware monitor options that will show me CPU temps of anything so I'm curious. Was there 2 versions of this board, one that had some hardware monitoring features and one without, or was the hardware always there and maybe they just added some bios features to expose the temps in BIOS? Does anyone know?

Reply 1 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stlouis1 wrote on 2023-10-26, 11:51:

Hey everyone,

Quick question... I got an Asus P2-99 the other night and I've updated to the 1012 to make sure it supports the 800mhz slot 1 Pentium 3 CPU I already had here. But there's a new 1013 beta bios on their website as well but there's 2 versions of it listed. One is listed as "Without hardware monitor"

Now in the 1012 bios I don't see any hardware monitor options that will show me CPU temps of anything so I'm curious. Was there 2 versions of this board, one that had some hardware monitoring features and one without, or was the hardware always there and maybe they just added some bios features to expose the temps in BIOS? Does anyone know?

It's in the manual...there was an option for a version with an on-board HW monitor IC

P2-99 HWM goes here.jpg
Filename
P2-99 HWM goes here.jpg
File size
84.45 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by PC Hoarder Patrol on 2023-10-26, 12:12. Edited 1 time in total.