Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 2, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thank you very much for sharing! I have a Euro PC with multiple faults, and one of the faults is indeed the flex cable from the keyboard to the mainboard. Your solution looks like a quite nice solution if I can't fix the flex cable.

I wonder why you use a single-row high-density connector instead of the (in my oppinion) more standard dual-row 2.54mm connectors (which will be crimped to the same kind of cable). Are there space constraints making the "standard IDC solution" impossible?

Reply 2 of 2, by microtronichamburg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
mkarcher wrote on 2023-11-06, 20:19:

Thank you very much for sharing! I have a Euro PC with multiple faults, and one of the faults is indeed the flex cable from the keyboard to the mainboard. Your solution looks like a quite nice solution if I can't fix the flex cable.

I wonder why you use a single-row high-density connector instead of the (in my oppinion) more standard dual-row 2.54mm connectors (which will be crimped to the same kind of cable). Are there space constraints making the "standard IDC solution" impossible?

Glad it's potentially helpful - yeah I guess it would have been possible, but the space is kind of tight. Also, the PCB is very flexible, so putting in standard pin IDC headers would have been problematic from a stability point of view I think.