VOGONS

First post, by elziel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

this is my first topic on this board so hello and cheers to everyone 😀

Recently I came upon this legendary mobo and I have a few problems that you might help me to overcome. The mainboard boots but it freezes when I'm in the HW Monitor section of bios also the -5v rail is showing -62V, otherwise it works as expected. I did a full power section recap and the problem still persists. I tried different PSUs with the same result. photo of the HW Monitor section is in the attachment.

I'd be grateful for Your help.

Thanks upfront!

Attachments

• mimi.jpg
    Filename
    mimi.jpg
    File size
    217.4 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 6, by elziel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are right! My PSUs don't have -5v rail, so that explains weird mobo readings. But still got the problem of freeze when in PC Health Status tab. Will try to update bios maybe it will help.

Anyways thank You very much, sir!

Reply 5 of 6, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Agreed, if it only freezes on that screen then I'd dismiss it as a BIOS bug. I have a BE6-II somewhere, not sure where, I'm curious if it does the same thing.

Also don't take the readings on that screen seriously - it's very common for the voltages shown on motherboard sensors to be inaccurate. A voltmeter is much better.

Reply 6 of 6, by stlouis1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an Abit BE6-II that I just got recently and recapped. I remember it showing some wild number on the -5v when connected to a PSU that doesn't have a -5v line. It could be -62v but I don't recall exactly, but it did show something that caught my attention until I looked at the ATX connector to see there was no -5v on the PSU and brushed off the crazy reading as some sort of default value when there was none