VOGONS

First post, by consp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First post -yay- (stop leeching, start adding).

Since I could not find anyone who already edited awdbedit to work with modern compilers/sdk's (and released it somewhere) decided to do it as mental arithmatic.

https://github.com/consp/awdbedit/releases/tag/1.0.3

As usual with these things: YMMV

Should keep working with modern versions of windows and compile with modern MS tools available. I also updated the PCI IRQ Routing table tab to allow a bit more flexibility since it's something I might need in the future and was the reason for fixing it (since I need to edit a value of 2 number to three numbers).

Since I now have a working build setup, maybe I'll do updates if not too hard and my mental state allows it. No guarantees but the code is not too complex. If you want file a bug report (with sufficient detail please).

4.50pgbios.png
Filename
4.50pgbios.png
File size
38.22 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by consp on 2023-11-15, 15:41. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What BIOS revisions does it work with?

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 5, by consp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2023-11-14, 19:17:

Originally 4.51PG, 6.0 and 6.0PG.
I've added 4.50PG. Reading works (which was what I needed for the INTA-D values), altering I have not tested yet.

Reply 3 of 5, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Great, thanks !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 5, by consp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Updated the file since I found a bug which might be the cause of some "corrupted" bioses. Technically all data was there but also some old data.
A simplistic decompression algorithm (like the one in the app) might hang on the bonusdata.

Reply 5 of 5, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
consp wrote on 2023-11-15, 03:21:
debs3759 wrote on 2023-11-14, 19:17:

Originally 4.51PG, 6.0 and 6.0PG.
I've added 4.50PG. Reading works (which was what I needed for the INTA-D values), altering I have not tested yet.

Great, thanks

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.