VOGONS

First post, by lutz79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
In my 486dx4-100 I installed a Vibra16 ISA card.
From that moment on, the internal PC Speaker no longer works. The beep when turning on the computer works, but then doesn't sound during games that require the internal PC Speaker. For example Microprose Soccer has no sound.
I noticed that the Vibra16 has an internal 2-pin speaker connector. Do I need to connect a speaker to that connector? Or can I exclude that connector in order to use the one on the computer?

Thank you all

Reply 1 of 2, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lutz79 wrote on 2023-11-20, 16:48:
Hello! In my 486dx4-100 I installed a Vibra16 ISA card. From that moment on, the internal PC Speaker no longer works. The beep w […]
Show full quote

Hello!
From that moment on, the internal PC Speaker no longer works. The beep when turning on the computer works, but then doesn't sound during games that require the internal PC Speaker. For example Microprose Soccer has no sound.
I noticed that the Vibra16 has an internal 2-pin speaker connector. Do I need to connect a speaker to that connector? Or can I exclude that connector in order to use the one on the computer?

Thank you all

This connector is ment for input.
The internal speaker signal from the mainboard goes into this connector and out of the speakers connected to the soundcard.

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 2 of 2, by lutz79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DerBaum wrote on 2023-11-20, 17:12:
lutz79 wrote on 2023-11-20, 16:48:
Hello! In my 486dx4-100 I installed a Vibra16 ISA card. From that moment on, the internal PC Speaker no longer works. The beep w […]
Show full quote

Hello!

Thank you all

This connector is ment for input.
The internal speaker signal from the mainboard goes into this connector and out of the speakers connected to the soundcard.

Thanks for the reply.
The connector on the motherboard has 4 pins (the central ones, I think, are "ground"), while the connector on the sound card has 2 pins.
Is it sufficient to connect the 2 external pins on the motherboard with the 2 pins on the sound card?