VOGONS

First post, by vico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have 2 motherboards, a SY-6BA+ III that does not boot and a SY-6VBA133 whose PS/2 ports, both keyboard and mouse, do not work. I'm wondering if it's possible to desolder the ports from the SY-6BA+ III and solder them to the SY-6VBA133.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    469.4 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 3, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Are you sure the ports are the problem, and not the controller? The ports should be transferable.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 2 of 3, by vico

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
debs3759 wrote on 2023-11-27, 21:46:

Are you sure the ports are the problem, and not the controller? The ports should be transferable.

Sure enough, the ps/2 keyboard is not detected and the bios notifies me during startup, the ps/2 mouse does not work in any operating system.

Reply 3 of 3, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know about a "modern" ATX board like that, but some other boards have a fuse that blows if water is spilled on the keyboard, etc., and needs replacing.

You could use a multimeter to verify conductivity between the holes of the ps/2 port and the traces underneath the board.

You might check digikey, mouser, etc. for a double ps/2 port first before you sacrifice another board to borrow it.