VOGONS

First post, by _StIwY_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, i got a 20 inches monitor, it works perfectly, and have no bad pixel. Unfortunately there is this "cloudy" part, which is very annoying.

I don't know if the monitor was badly handled during the shipment, but there are no visible damages externally.

Somewhere in internet i read that i should put the monitor with a white background for days, and wait. It's no dust inside, but also looks like it's not the backlight lamps, so i don't get what is it and/or if it's fixable.

Thanks

Attachments

Reply 1 of 6, by paradigital

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a Second hand TV that had that effect on a portion of the bottom. Dark colours it was practically invisible, light colours made it appear worst. No amount of use made it change.

Supposedly it was liquid ingress.

Reply 2 of 6, by _StIwY_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
paradigital wrote on 2023-11-28, 18:31:

I had a Second hand TV that had that effect on a portion of the bottom. Dark colours it was practically invisible, light colours made it appear worst. No amount of use made it change.

Supposedly it was liquid ingress.

Uhmmmm might be humidity ?

Reply 3 of 6, by vstrakh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Looks like a "mura". A degradation in liquid crystal layer, caused either by excessive pressure, or more frequently by prolonged use in high temperatures.
I have a small ViewSonic lcd, with similar patch of uneven brightness close to the edge where CFL tube is located.

Reply 6 of 6, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it is an actual glass panel fault and not a fault of the diffuser but chances of recovery are still very slim. It is not trivial to get the entire display panel open, they're not at all meant to be disassembled...

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜