VOGONS

First post, by vtech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

Need some help with this, if someone can shed some light, the MB is a QDI P5I430TX (Titanium IB+), I think I read the manual all over, didn't see anything to configure a jumper or something, and I get this MB inside a fully built system with AT PSU, so I don't think is something messed with jumper or so.
But the true is with a AT PSU the reset line is high and the system doesn't work, with ATX PSU works fine.
I have one of those diagnostics cards and i see the reset LED always on, the CPU gets warm but no activity in the POST LED on the diagnostics card.

Reply 2 of 3, by vtech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know how to see this, but I used two different PSU, the one that came with the system and other one almost new that I use for testing, and I know it is good, at least it was yesterday. Is there anything I can watch for the power-good signal, can I measure with a multi-meter or something like that? Thanks.

Reply 3 of 3, by vtech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Forget it, I left the MB running memtest with the ATX PSU, now I switch to AT PSU to verify you suggestion and it came to life, I don't get it, but it is working.
The system was off who knows for how many years, maybe something was dirt in the connectors and just cleans up with insertion a removal of the power connectors. And I believe it could be just the power-good pin in the AT connector. Thanks.