VOGONS

First post, by plumbnebula5741

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So recently i got my pentium MMX running at 200 mhz and when i put everything in my soyo 5bt5 (specs are S3 trio64v+ and cpu Pentium MMX at 200 mhz mobo is soyo 5bt5 rev 1.1 and 128 mb ram UDIMM (ram is from an asus CUSL2 ))

when i test it it turns on but i get no post no keyboard lights neither a single beep (tho i doubt its the ram because i tested it before on other motherboard)

i dont know if its compatibility issue or something else because in cpu upgrade it says it aint compatible but in the manual the jumpers say sometyhing for this cpu or idk if its the psu because its just a cheap one from a companyt called tecnoware but its brand new (also since the mobo has an ATX connector i just use it out of the box) also the is a capacitor like a bit with the sealing a bit down but its not leaking and the board looks fine.

I hope i can fix it because i got it really cheap on ebay (35 euros tested and seller had all good reviews while the same board was like 100)

EDIT 1: i took out the ram and the pc is not happy at all, i get a beep like 1-2 seconds long in a loop even when i put the ram back in the slots