VOGONS

First post, by jp3149

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a windows 98se machine with a soundblaster awe64 ct4380 working well. I wanted to upgrade to a awe 64 gold with more memory for sound fonts. When I got the gold card and installed it in my windows 98se machine it would not recognize the card so I ran diagnose program. I get an error message that says it cannot find a I/O address for card. What could be issue. I did remove the old ct 4380 card first. Thanks for any help

Reply 1 of 3, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try cleaning the edge contacts with Iso alcohol on a paper towel, put it in same ISA slot as the ct4380 was. If still not working then post a good picture as something is borked...

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 3, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You might want to try doing a clean boot directly into MSDOS mode, then check to see if Unisound can see and initialize the card. That will verify the card is working and there aren't other issues first.

If that checks out, boot into safe mode and uninstall the drives you installed for the original card. Then boot into normal mode and reinstall the drivers for the gold.