VOGONS

First post, by alex5555

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I have bought this board and the connector for USB 1.1 has a different format than standard 2.0.

Is there a solution that makes it easy to connect to the USB front ports?

I can't use a PCI card because I'm going to use two slots for two Voodoo2 in SLI and the other is shared with the ISA port and I don't have space.

WzvfcDA.jpg

And, from instruction manual:

Y21A2Ra.jpg

Reply 1 of 5, by echo5charlie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Easy? Nope. Ah, the good old days of USB and non-standardization!

You can use a USB 2.0 header, you'll just need to re-pin that header to match your MLB pinout, notice that your MLB flips the NC/GND pins from what did become standard.

Reply 2 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have connected a bunch of USB brackets to these USB 1.1 connectors and it worked, but the front panel can be tricky. Buy a PCI USB 2.0 card.

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 3 of 5, by alex5555

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dominusprog wrote on 2024-01-16, 14:25:

I have connected a bunch of USB brackets to these USB 1.1 connectors and it worked, but the front panel can be tricky. Buy a PCI USB 2.0 card.

The problem is that I will only have one free PCI slot left and it is the one that is shared with the ISA port which I am going to use. I will try to buy a PCI card that is as thin as possible and remove the bracket, since all I want is the internal connector, and use the space reserved for PCI and ISA at the same time. I don't know if anyone can come up with a better solution.

Reply 5 of 5, by echo5charlie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
alex5555 wrote on 2024-01-16, 14:47:
dominusprog wrote on 2024-01-16, 14:25:

The problem is that I will only have one free PCI slot left and it is the one that is shared with the ISA port which I am going to use. I will try to buy a PCI card that is as thin as possible and remove the bracket, since all I want is the internal connector, and use the space reserved for PCI and ISA at the same time. I don't know if anyone can come up with a better solution.

But you said you were using the front ports? Your question is making less sense, please articulate what you actually mean.