VOGONS

First post, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
I found this motherboard, never knew Daewoo produced motherboards…
It seems a solid motherboard, but it does not boot (on/off button works though).
there is no info on it apart a retroweb page and this page with a lot of details.
http://musaran.free.fr/CB581X-VI/CB581X-VI_E.html

Problem is, some of them are different from what is written on the board itself…
Not sure they are accurate.
Can you help finding a manual?
Would it be possible to mod the bios to support “+” CPUs?

Reply 1 of 6, by acl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one with the original case.
Settings are on a sticker inside

IMG_20231230_171743.jpg
Filename
IMG_20231230_171743.jpg
File size
1.68 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

@Mamba : we already talked about this board in PM. Just uploading the picture here so it will be available publicly.

"Hello, my friend. Stay awhile and listen..."
My collection (not up to date)

Reply 2 of 6, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for this!
It is a start, but it lacks all the other general settings on voltage low to 2.0 and multi up to 5x (assuming 6x is equal to 2).
Looking for someone willing to mod the bios.

Reply 3 of 6, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I searched a bit on Daewoo archives and found some motherboard info but nothing before slo1t1 yet,,,
did find some info on their older CRT monitors but am having issues with web archive org so will have to wait to search a bit more....

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 4 of 6, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still struggling with this thing.
I put a diagnostic card but (4 digit display), but I see no numbers whether I put it in a ISA or PCI slot.
Only - - - -
So it should be powered up but no other signals I guess.
Strange.

Reply 5 of 6, by PC@LIVE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

HI,
I saw that you are working with an S.7 motherboard, and that at the moment the card only displays -- --, this could be useful, but the post card provides other info, which you omitted, you have to look at the voltage LEDs, if they are on or off, and the other LEDs can turn on or off (or flash), depending on what problem there is, they must be interpreted.
However, you need detailed photos of the card, and of the jumpers, as long as one is incorrect or missing, and the card will refuse to start, another thing is to check the battery, finally use working CPU RAM and cards, at least avoid using those with doubts whether they go or not?

AMD 286-16 287-10 4MB HD 45MB VGA 256KB
AMD 386DX-40 Intel 387 8MB HD 81MB VGA 256KB
Cyrix 486DLC-40 IIT387-40 8MB VGA 512KB
AMD 5X86-133 16MB VGA VLB CL5428 2MB and many others
AMD K62+ 550 SOYO 5EMA+ and many others
AST Pentium Pro 200 MHz L2 256KB

Reply 6 of 6, by Mamba

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC@LIVE wrote on 2024-02-03, 07:26:

HI,
I saw that you are working with an S.7 motherboard, and that at the moment the card only displays -- --, this could be useful, but the post card provides other info, which you omitted, you have to look at the voltage LEDs, if they are on or off, and the other LEDs can turn on or off (or flash), depending on what problem there is, they must be interpreted.
However, you need detailed photos of the card, and of the jumpers, as long as one is incorrect or missing, and the card will refuse to start, another thing is to check the battery, finally use working CPU RAM and cards, at least avoid using those with doubts whether they go or not?

Thanks

I am using 100% functional parts.
Bios has been updated with external flasher so at least it should be compatible with regular k6-2.
I am using a safe jumper configuration based on what I see printed on the PCB.
Will check the leds