Rank

I bought two motherboards, website theretroweb says:

first board have 3.3 AGP
VIA Apollo Pro 133T
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/gigaby … -ga-6vtxe-a-1.0

second board have Universal AGP
VIA Apollo Pro 133T
https://theretroweb.com/motherboards/s/epox-pronix-ep-3vsa

Which board is better more compatible with NVIDIA and ATI?
Which board is better for 3dfx cards?

overclock.net/threads/hello-from-czechia.1807015/
forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asus-pro-ws-w790e-sage-se-intel-xeon-sapphire-rapids-sp-es-works-it.41306/

Reply 1 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The second board accepts both AGP 2x and 4x (1.5V).

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB
Aztech Pro16 II-3D PnP ❇ 8.4GiB Quantum Fireball ❇ Win95 OSR2 Plus!

Reply 2 of 5, by JosefHrib

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dominusprog wrote on 2024-03-01, 07:45:

So if I want using for start some NVIDIA card in AGP paired with two 3dfx Voodoo 2 12MB, but maybe in future I will want try in AGP Voodoo 5 5500,
so is better for me hold EPoX EP-3VSA and resell Gigabyte GA-6VTXE-A 1.0 ? 😳

Until now, I thought that between the two motherboards, Gigabyte was the better one.
I only noticed this parameter yesterday when I was looking at the V5 offers and noticed the 3.3V requirement.

It is hard choice for me because in my eyes looks Gigabyte as better but if Epox is more robust, as sound card I bought to PCI Audigy 2 ZS so I not need ISA.
Hm, looks like I still have a lot to learn.

forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/asus-pro-ws-w790e-sage-se-intel-xeon-sapphire-rapids-sp-es-works-it.41306/

Reply 3 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JosefHrib wrote on 2024-03-01, 11:56:
So if I want using for start some NVIDIA card in AGP paired with two 3dfx Voodoo 2 12MB, but maybe in future I will want try in […]
Show full quote

So if I want using for start some NVIDIA card in AGP paired with two 3dfx Voodoo 2 12MB, but maybe in future I will want try in AGP Voodoo 5 5500,

Until now, I thought that between the two motherboards, Gigabyte was the better one.
I only noticed this parameter yesterday when I was looking at the V5 offers and noticed the 3.3V requirement.

It is hard choice for me because in my eyes looks Gigabyte as better but if Epox is more robust, as sound card I bought to PCI Audigy 2 ZS so I not need ISA.

Well, your question was about AGP versions, not brands.

Duke_2600.png
A-Trend ATC-1020 V1.1 ❇ Cyrix 6x86 150+ @ 120MHz ❇ 32MiB EDO RAM (8MiBx4) ❇ A-Trend S3 Trio64V2 2MiB

Reply 4 of 5, by JosefHrib

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dominusprog wrote on 2024-03-01, 13:26:
JosefHrib wrote on 2024-03-01, 11:56:
So if I want using for start some NVIDIA card in AGP paired with two 3dfx Voodoo 2 12MB, but maybe in future I will want try in […]
Show full quote

Well, your question was about AGP versions, not brands.

Yes about AGP.
Now I have home two boards and I will must create decide, which one I will keep and which one not.
When would you have to choose one of these two that would have a better chance for you?
What I readed here today, so it is look that Epox have more compatible AGP slot over Gigabyte AGP slot.
Or does anyone have a different opinion on this? For example, that this Gigabyte board has a better pcb, or processing, etc. verus Epox. Or vice versa.

I bought Epox because it was the first nice one I could have.
But literally in a few days there was an opportunity to have a Gigabyte as well, so I didn't hesitate.
Now I just have to decide which one to keep for my needs.

Any tip which board from these two will be better keep home?

Reply 5 of 5, by dominusprog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Epox is a good board, but it depends on what you want to do with it. If AGP 2x is good enough, go with Gigabyte.

Duke_2600.png