VOGONS

First post, by artemk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone!

Long time reader - appreciate all the info on this site. Now it's my turn to ask for help.

Got Packard Bell Multimedia C110 in Ok-ish shape. In the process of cleaning it up externally, but got a bigger problem on my hands - it won't post. Got it as 'untested' so I was hoping for the best, but half-expecting something like this.

What I have so far. The board is PB460. Have it out, nothing but a keyboard and a monitor connected. When I turn the power on, keyboard lights flash, processor gets warm. That's all I get. Power supply fan slows down, there are no beeps, no floppy seek.

What I tried:
Installed a new battery.
Tried 2 different power supplies, including one ATX with an AT adapter.
Tried all memory combinations - have 4 SIMMs, so tried 1 pair, the other pair, both together and no memory at all.
Tried one of those basic analyzer cards - only got 4 dashes in both PCI and ISA slots.
Double and triple checked all the jumpers. Tried switching BIOS jumper to recovery.

I also checked this topic - Packard Bell 640 motherboard - no video from onboard or PCI graphics.

None of this made any difference.

What else to try? Caps look OK and I can't say I want to mess with them, but will if need be.

Attaching a few pics in case someone can spot something I might be missing.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PB460 sm.jpg
    Filename
    PB460 sm.jpg
    File size
    1.72 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • PB460 caps.jpg
    Filename