VOGONS

Reply 40 of 50, by SFMG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

despite the random dust bunnies here and there it seems it's in very good condition and seems the fan seems to be fine seems I just need to figure out drivers and RAM as Lenovo doesn't offer XP x64 driver even though they allow you to select it in the OS List

Reply 42 of 50, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks like your M52 is a BTX system. Am I seeing that right? If so, how cool!

I've got a Dell Precision T3400 that is BTX as well. I always thought this design was superior to ATX and never understood why it didn't catch on.

Reply 46 of 50, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SFMG wrote on 2024-03-10, 21:42:

Hey sorry for the long delay work stuff but had another question about this ThinkCentre if it is a BTX system would a modern PSU work with it? or do i need a special type of PSU?

NotSure.jpg
Filename
NotSure.jpg
File size
13.01 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I am now curious along with you. I never replaced the PSU in my Dell T3400 because I never felt a need to do so. Here's hoping some fellow VOGONS experts can provide wisdom for the both of us.

Reply 47 of 50, by SFMG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KT7AGuy wrote on 2024-03-10, 22:41:
SFMG wrote on 2024-03-10, 21:42:

Hey sorry for the long delay work stuff but had another question about this ThinkCentre if it is a BTX system would a modern PSU work with it? or do i need a special type of PSU?

NotSure.jpg

I am now curious along with you. I never replaced the PSU in my Dell T3400 because I never felt a need to do so. Here's hoping some fellow VOGONS experts can provide wisdom for the both of us.

sounds good to me I hope they can

Reply 49 of 50, by SFMG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update,
Swapped out the old 310W PSU for a more Modern 600W performance one but yeah the old one was definitely close to death

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    File size
    1.61 MiB
    Views
    File comment
    Old PSU
    File license
    Public domain