VOGONS

First post, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've packed all of my big-box systems away, including large format keyboard systems like my Amiga 500 and 1200.

However, in the back of one of my storage boxes is an original Minimig (v1.1 board?) that I bought probably 15+ years ago - these were the boards that originally came with an actual 68000 cpu and a PIC controller for the disk subsystem. I recall buying the ARM disk controller board for it, but other than that I didn't actually get it up and running.

This would be something I could still fit/use in my newly 'tidy' office arrangement, as they are quite tiny, but I have no idea what the state of the art now is with those systems, and I guess I have long missed out on things like the additional 2MB SRAM upgrade and the availability of cases (I never got around to buying one at the time).

Are these things still supported, and did the original firmware get updated or enhanced in any way? The last thing I did was buy the newly available ARM controller board, but I don't think it ever got installed or the firmware updated.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net