VOGONS

First post, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A Microsoft wireless ball mouse, PS/2 and RS232 compatible. I don't know other wireless ball mice.

Attachments

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)

Reply 1 of 4, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Cool... I have a vague memory of a cheapy that wore too quickly, some computer fair special with the scant instructions in chinglish, was black and silver, heavyish, IR range was horrible, maybe 18".

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 4, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
fillosaurus wrote on 2024-03-27, 22:08:

I don't know other wireless ball mice.

Wireless Tandy mouse: https://www.reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/ … e_still_in_the/

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 3 of 4, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, wireless ball mice are rare as hen's teeth.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.

Reply 4 of 4, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2024-03-27, 22:12:

Cool... I have a vague memory of a cheapy that wore too quickly, some computer fair special with the scant instructions in chinglish, was black and silver, heavyish, IR range was horrible, maybe 18".

This MS is not IR, but RF. Both the mouse and receiver have a switch underside for channel 1 or 2. Dunno at which frequencies it works. It takes 2 AAA batteries.
I like it because is big (I have long fingers, so a small mouse is a NO NO for me) and heavy.