VOGONS

First post, by psaez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

It is possible to make a mod on AOpen AX34 motherboard to make it support tualatin 1400S?

Is safe to do it? I mean... won't explode or cause a fire at home? 😁

Reply 2 of 5, by psaez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mamba wrote on 2024-04-01, 19:34:

Tualatin 1.2 GHZ CPU MOD

Nothing will explode, but you have to mod the cpu not the board.
Or use a cpu adapter.

wow Mamba I checked that adaptar and it cost 100 euros. Incredible, it's more cheap to purchase a very powerful motherboard for tualatin

there aren't cheaper adapters? what exactly do that adapter?

Reply 3 of 5, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Korean vendor has the PCB for $10.00 and 1.26 GHz P3s for $46.00 (of course with applicable taxes and shipping added). If you have a known good Tualatin and are handy with a soldering iron, you can't beat the $10.00 adapter.

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 4 of 5, by psaez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Repo Man11 wrote on 2024-04-01, 21:46:

The Korean vendor has the PCB for $10.00 and 1.26 GHz P3s for $46.00 (of course with applicable taxes and shipping added). If you have a known good Tualatin and are handy with a soldering iron, you can't beat the $10.00 adapter.

Do you mean that even purchasing that 10 euro adapter I need to solder some pins?

bytheway, that korean guy doesn't send to spain

Reply 5 of 5, by Le_Bassiste

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes, you have to solder directly at the cpu pins. check the pretty thorough documentation on his website for all the details. decent (albeit not stellar) soldering skills and good equipment are definitely required. also, you might need a modded BIOS to which the seller will give you a link. check his BIOS compatibility list. i did this mod successfully on a 1.26 GHz PIIIs just recently. works as expected on a GA-6VX7-4X with the modded BIOS that i got from the seller. Minor nit-pick is the "Check Health" on boot, which i can't figure out the cause for. system runs absolutely stable, though.