ChIDE_SD.jpg

I got it hanging on the pc case.

Reply 2 of 11, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mmx_91 wrote on 2024-04-10, 20:45:

There are brackets for pci slots than can be 3D printed you can find them online no problem

Or front panel brackets too-- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4368606

Reply 4 of 11, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mounting in a drive bay would be one option.

Another option would be to use a straight angle IDC 40-pin female to female adapter to plug the adapter directly into the IDE port, like a makeshift IDE DOM.

Reply 6 of 11, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would guess that out of 3 or 4 modems with a double line jack, you can find a bracket that will mount it to a spare slot hole and leave the SD card externally accessible.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 7 of 11, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2024-04-11, 02:38:

I would guess that out of 3 or 4 modems with a double line jack, you can find a bracket that will mount it to a spare slot hole and leave the SD card externally accessible.

True. Modems have became a consumable resource that when activated, produce a ISA/PCI slot cover.

Reply 8 of 11, by psaez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
douglar wrote on 2024-04-11, 02:01:
psaez wrote on 2024-04-10, 21:18:

And can't be purchased already printed?

Sure. There are a lot of options on ebay for $10-$15

please can you show me some links?

can you show some examples? can't understand what are you refeering to

Reply 9 of 11, by douglar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
psaez wrote on 2024-04-11, 12:46:

Search Ebay for "sd ide bay". Make sure you don't mistakenly order a 1/3 height, because while cheaper, few computers use that size.

My local public library provides some high quality 3d printers that the public can use. They print stuff for me at $1 per 30 grams of filament, and I think the quality is higher than most of the guys selling on ebay.

Reply 10 of 11, by psaez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
douglar wrote on 2024-04-11, 12:53:

Search Ebay for "sd ide bay". Make sure you don't mistakenly order a 1/3 height, because while cheaper, few computers use that size.

My local public library provides some high quality 3d printers that the public can use. They print stuff for me at $1 per 30 grams of filament, and I think the quality is higher than most of the guys selling on ebay.

that's amazing, but don't know anything like that con my city, in Spain.

Reply 11 of 11, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

can you show some examples? can't understand what are you refeering to

Just a regular old 56k or slower PCI or ISA modem like this..
broadcom-bcm94212-internal-1-port-rj-45-pci-modem-card.jpg

And the hole where the phone ports are will probably be big enough for SD card... check a few to find one with mounting holes in right position, or mount it to only one and ziptie strap it to the other, or add a metal strap or something.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.