VOGONS

First post, by pcant94

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I was wondering if anybody can help me with rectifying an Issue related to my Older PC. The Specs are as follows

Currently running Windows 10 Home x86 (32 bit)
ASUS P5N-D Motherboard (BIOS Revision 1301)
INTEL Core 2 Quad q9650 3.0Ghz (95w TDP)
AMD Radeon r5 240 (2GB) PCI-E (X16 Slot)
Realtek RTl8111 Ethernet Adapter PCI-E X1+ Onboard NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet Controller
3GB DDR2-800MHZ (1GB+2GB) (2 Sticks)
240gb SSD (Connected via Onboard Nforce 750i Chipset Sata Controller)
250w Atx Psu

My Issue relates to Stability Problems on Windows 10. For some Time, I have encountered random Systems Crashes and Blank Screens, I am unsure as to what is causing the Issue. I have a feeling this Error is more relative to Hardware rather than Software but I could be mistaken. Windows 10 Installs perfectly fine Including Drivers but These Issues seem to be Intermittent. The Machine will run fine for the first 1-2 Hours after booting but my Monitor (HP E201) which is Connected via HDMI to DVI Cable suddenly goes blank and the System becomes completely unresponsive Including the Keyboard and Mouse Inputs thus requiring a Hard Reset every time. I have no Issues running XP or 7 on this System but I would prefer to run use a more Secure OS such as 10/11 on this PC.

I would appreciate greatly it if anyone could provide any Suggestions or Assistance that may resolve/fix this Issue. Thanks:).

Reply 1 of 1, by Roman555

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi and welcome to Vogons 😀
Maybe Win 10 loads the hardware harder than older OSes. Under high loading temperature of components is higher and it causes crashes. Also the mainboard is based on an old hot NVidia chipset that is not so reliable. Try to give more loading in Win 7 or XP to eliminate overheating problem.
You can pay attention at this recent topic about Nvidia chipsets problem:
MSI MS-7366 V3 no post

[ MS6168/PII-350/YMF754/98SE ]
[ 775i65G/E5500/9800Pro/Vortex2/ME ]