VOGONS

First post, by Jackhead

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got a nice P4 Sony Laptop where i want to install win98 on. The Laptop is designed for 2k and later so there are no offical drivers forWin98.
Anyway before i redone the HDD, i safed the recover parti with all the drivers.
After i install WIn98 i tryed to install them on win98, but most of them dont work.
Chipset driver are working, i got USB ready so far so good.

But now my biggest Problem the ATI Drivers.
The Laptop has a ATI Radeon IGP 345M installed. I tryed installing all the ATI Driver i found on the web, also from the vogons archive, but nothing seems to work!
I got any time the message that the driver is not correct for Software/hardware.
Anyone here have a solution for that chip running on windows98?

regards
Chris

Dos 6.22: Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 Rev 2.0 1Mb L2 - AMD A5x86 X5 ADZ 133MHz @160MHz - 64MB RAM - CT2230 - GUS ACE - MPU-401 AT - ET4000W32P
Win98SE: Asus P5K-WS - E8600 @ 4,5GHz - Strange God Voodoo 5 6000 PCI @ 66MHz PCI-X - 2GB DDR2 1066 - Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 1 of 1, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jackhead wrote on 2024-04-14, 09:00:
I got a nice P4 Sony Laptop where i want to install win98 on. The Laptop is designed for 2k and later so there are no offical dr […]
Show full quote

I got a nice P4 Sony Laptop where i want to install win98 on. The Laptop is designed for 2k and later so there are no offical drivers forWin98.
Anyway before i redone the HDD, i safed the recover parti with all the drivers.
After i install WIn98 i tryed to install them on win98, but most of them dont work.
Chipset driver are working, i got USB ready so far so good.

But now my biggest Problem the ATI Drivers.
The Laptop has a ATI Radeon IGP 345M installed. I tryed installing all the ATI Driver i found on the web, also from the vogons archive, but nothing seems to work!
I got any time the message that the driver is not correct for Software/hardware.
Anyone here have a solution for that chip running on windows98?

regards
Chris

Maybe worth a try (might work or need further hw id tweaks) - modded 9x driver for the ATI IGP-340M (shader-gimped version of the 345M)... https://archive.org/details/ati-igp-340-m-driver-windows-9x