Common searches

The Witcher 2

Topic actions

First post, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

oOOOOoo.......26 more days to release date. And I have already pre-ordered my Collectors pack with Geralt's scarred mug, nude play cards, box a' fisstech and all.

I loved the original game so much it ranks Number 1 without a doubt on my top games list of all time (can you tell? 😉) . And at the time I purchased the original non-EE game in '07 and then also the EE version the following year, although the non-EE could be patched to ver1.5.

It didn't matter cause I felt that some hard earned orens would go towards helping a small struggling developer who had put out a supreme game survive. So, I've been patiently waiting for the last 3 years for a sequel and was very disappointed when this got pushed back from the originally intended 2010 release date to 2011. My biggest fear was that due to the recession and all in '09, that CD Projekt RED would go belly up like countless other smaller developers.

Now I have 26 days to start playing The Witcher 1, to form a storyline that will merge into Part 2. Woohoo! Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am? 😁

Reply 1 of 7, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never played The Witcher but I've seen the EE edition for sale, tempting. Is it worth reading the books first to give it some context [seeing as it's based on them], or doesn't that matter?

Reply 2 of 7, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I didn't know anything about Andrej Sapkowski's works until buying the game, so I would say it doesn't hurt (that you don't read the books first), but reading them wouldn't hurt. The game itself is based on one of his novels, or a mish-mash of them (I can't recall offhand). Some people I know have bought all his works after playing the game- I haven't gone round to that yet....

Reply 3 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

🤣 I am waiting for the collector's edition as well... it is only fitting to get this after I got the witcher1 collector edition back then.... /self-brag=OFF 🤣
I even upgraded my gpu for this, got a 560ti oc. edition from gigabyte 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 7, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

🤣 I am waiting for the collector's edition as well... it is only fitting to get this after I got the witcher1 collector edition back then.... /self-brag=OFF 🤣
I even upgraded my gpu for this, got a 560ti oc. edition from gigabyte 😁

😳 and I thought I was the only one obssessed with TW2 here. I'm a gonna see how my GTX460 handles this before changing anything... plus AMD's 7xxx series is gonna come out soon like in 3-4 mths I think.

and oh yeah... 8 days more WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Reply 5 of 7, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I picked up the Witcher Enahanced Edition off of Steam when it was on sale.

I enjoyed it and the sequel looks great, sporting a whole new engine.

I'm looking forward to both this title and Skyrim later on in the year 😀

No matter where you go, there you are...