VOGONS

First post, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been looking at some Auzentech sound cards, which use a combined RCA Coax / TOSLINK connector for their digital output. They shipped with little passive plug adapters that allowed you to connect an optical cable. You can see these adapters in place on the Prelude, second pic:

forte.jpg
prelude-outro.jpg

It's very rare that a second hand card still includes these adapters. Googling for them typically turns up little powered devices like this:

adapter.jpg

Does anyone know if the Auzentech style passive adapters are still a thing that can be found?

Reply 1 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-02-19, 03:48:
I've been looking at some Auzentech sound cards, which use a combined RCA Coax / TOSLINK connector for their digital output. The […]
Show full quote

I've been looking at some Auzentech sound cards, which use a combined RCA Coax / TOSLINK connector for their digital output. They shipped with little passive plug adapters that allowed you to connect an optical cable. You can see these adapters in place on the Prelude, second pic:

forte.jpg
prelude-outro.jpg

It's very rare that a second hand card still includes these adapters. Googling for them typically turns up little powered devices like this:

adapter.jpg

Does anyone know if the Auzentech style passive adapters are still a thing that can be found?

Maybe you could tweak/adapt something like this https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/FosPower-num%C3%A9 … ?language=en_CA

Reply 2 of 4, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Possibly! A 3D print might be a solution too, since I'm pretty sure it's nothing more than a mechanical device to hold the plug there.

Reply 4 of 4, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice! Thanks. It didn't even occur to me that the male end would be mini-toslink. That means that the cable Darry linked should also be a solution without any modification required.