VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by iulianv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone here got a DriverGuide account? I'm looking for a file named 9100uw_114.zip (BIOS version 1.14 for an Initio INI-9100UW SCSI controller), and Wayback Machine only has "page not found" archives for the www.initio.com link to this file...

Reply 1 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You know you can download it without an account? Just say no/decline to the advertisement stuff when you do though.

I've downloaded many times from driverguide with the free option, never had a problem.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 5 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some of the programs they try and get you to install through their own installer might be borderline adware/spyware, but you have the option to decline all of this and just download the driver. I've done this several times and Microsoft Security Essentials and Bitdefender have never complained.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 7, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wouldn't trust Driverguide either. Hell, I won't even go there anymore, much less download anything. They've always been a little sketchy, but once they moved to using all these installer programs and crap, they made their way onto my firewall's blocklist. If it looks like a scam and feels like a scam, even if there's no definite evidence to prove it, the smart move would still be to stay away.

I dug around in my archived stuff and turned up this file. I'm not 100% positive it's what you need, but the name and contents look about right. I know I used to have an Initio card of some sort, and from pictures I found online I think it probably was an INI-9100UW, so it would make sense that I would have a BIOS update for it. I just can't remember if I ever installed it or not.

Attachments

• Filename
    initio_miles_v114.zip
    File size
    30.41 KiB
    Downloads
    96 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 7, by rkurbatov

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have OEM version of this controller with BIOS v1.10 installed.

I tried updating the BIOS to v1.14 but dosloader.exe claims it doesn't find the device on PCI bus (though it works and ASPI driver loads properly).

The problem is it has PLCC32 flash from Atmel (though DIP version can be soldered instead).

The card correctly sees and formats 36G SCSI drives though 73G drives are visible as 7 and something G. Media test on such drives doesn't stop so it continues over 100%.

I was not going to use drives more than 36G, it supposed to be Pentium 1 build with SCSI scanner, so even 18 or 9G drive would be enough. So I'm still thinking if it worths to play with desoldering/resoldering (or PLC32 socket installation)...

486: ECS UM486 VLB, 256kb cache, i486 DX2/66, 8MB RAM, Trident TGUI9440AGi VLB 1MB, Pro Audio Spectrum 16, FDD 3.5, ZIP 100 ATA
PII: Asus P2B, Pentium II 400MHz, 512MB RAM, Trident 9750 AGP 4MB, Voodoo2 SLI, MonsterSound MX300