VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As a kid growing up playing Sierra games in the late 80's and early 90's, Sierra and whatever related to it are forever etched in my nostalgic heart.

From online discussions, I think I got the view from Google street view as the following : Google Map (But not sure).

Address supposed to be 48677 Victoria Ln, Oakhurst, CA.

The building looks similar, but not sure, and can't get a closer look.

Any oldtimer Vogoners living near that area or will pass by the HQ anytime in the future?

If yes, please take some pics for us from next to the building.

I wonder what happened to that building, how's the condition and who took over it now...

Thank you.

Some pictures found online :

sierra_building_cut_200.jpg

42.gif

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 4, by RoboGato

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm 2+ months late to reply but I just came across your post. I went to Yosemite over the weekend and stayed in Oakhurst. I too have fond and nostalgic memories playing Sierra games as a kid in the 90's. While on my trip, I decided to visit the old HQ since I was in the area and snapped a few photos. Google Street View only shows the back side of the building from Victoria Ln and it's partially covered by some trees.

Here's what the building looks like today from the front, as of May 2024. It's in good shape and currently occupied by Adventist Health. The building looks structurally different like it might have been altered slightly with the added column next to the entrance, but it's still similar to the way it was before.

Attachments

Last edited by RoboGato on 2024-05-21, 05:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 4, by RoboGato

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jmarsh wrote on 2024-05-21, 05:03:
RoboGato wrote on 2024-05-21, 03:00:

Here's what the building looks like today from the front, as of May 2024.

Did you forget to attach the pic?

Sorry I edited the post and replaced the photos but didn't realize I accidentally deleted them. Added them back!