VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by winuser3162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking for places other than eBay to shop for old parts.

1:intel Core 2 Extreme QX 6700, 2X GeForce 8800GTX SLI, SB Audigy 2ZS, XFX 780i SLI, 4GB Corsair XMS DDR2, Custom Waterloop
2:intel Pentium MMX , ATI Rage 3D, SoundBlaster16, Diamond Monstor 3D, 60MB Ram, Asus P/1-P55T2P4, Win NT 4.0/Windows 95 pLuS!

Reply 1 of 6, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Besides Ebay, Kijiji is my go-to for local stuff.

If you're on Facebook, you could also try Facebook marketplace.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 3 of 6, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Usenet was great back in the day. uk.adverts.computer, got a GF256 for 70UKP when they were new! Got a dual pentium, a CRT probably over 40" .... a Mitsubishi beast. Tried googling, but the modern web is too JS-to-view-images for me.

Bit more contemporary, https://www.used.ca/ operates here in the UK, and absolutely will in Canada, with lots of used$SHITTY_BRITISH_TOWN.co.uk sites. The local site for me has a constant flow of old corporate kit, but sometimes people selling more interesting stuff. This kind of site can end up with people shifting job-lots of stuff they don't know about, like a box of computer kit they've ended up with: a potential bargain.

Oh yeah, my local $SHITTY_TOWN site right now is full of spam for "research chemicals", and otherwise not much but corporate clearance in the computer section. I guess the proprietary markets are taking people? Like shit inside Facebook? I'm not about to remove the *facebook* filter from my adblock rules to try and find out 😀 Someone the other day suggested to me I look on Tiktok for a cheap/free laser printer /facepalm

Reply 5 of 6, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
konc wrote on 2024-05-16, 17:22:
winuser3162 wrote on 2024-05-16, 16:08:

amibay.com

The issue I find with Amibay is it's very Euro-centric.

I found there are a lot of sellers that won't ship outside of the EU.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 6 of 6, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Shponglefan wrote on 2024-05-16, 20:24:
konc wrote on 2024-05-16, 17:22:
winuser3162 wrote on 2024-05-16, 16:08:

amibay.com

The issue I find with Amibay is it's very Euro-centric.

I found there are a lot of sellers that won't ship outside of the EU.

True, but this can be an issue or an advantage depending on where you live 😉 Kind of the opposite to ebay.