VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by fillosaurus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

To calm me a bit after today's fleabay dissapointment, I received some computer related stuff, bought brand new.
A gaming keyboard (E-Blue Cobra Combatant X), a VGA cooler for my GeForce 6600, and 2 SD cards, 4 and 32 Gb.
Them cards will be used in my SD-ATA44 adapters, first in my Amiga 1200, instead of the 1 Gb CF I use now, and the second in the Thinkpad 600e, instead of the old, slow and noisy 6 Gb Hitachi HDD.

So far I am happy with the aquisitions; I replaced the cooler on the 6600, and unlike the old one, it remains cold. The old original could be used as an egg fryer after 10 minutes of just Windows XP.
The SD cards have decent speed, and will be more than satisfactory as SSDs 😉
And the keyboard is quite good. The only thing I do not like about it are the leds placed on both sides; they are too bright and cannot be turned off.
Otherwise, good quality. Heavy, sturdy, fine fingertip feeling and nice typing sound. I got this particular keyboard because it has what I like: big ENTER and BACKSPACE keys.
Feels a bit softer than my A4Tech KBS-21, and I have to get used again to classic kb shape, since @home I used A4Tech A-shape keyboards for the past 11-12 years, and right now @work I have another KBS-21, just like the one replaced by the E-Blue; well, replaced... more like moved. Moved to my 2nd rig, a socket A Sempron 3000+, grey case. Since the 21 is grey with black keys, is a nice match with that one.

Y2K box: AMD Athlon K75 (second generation slot A)@700, ASUS K7M motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, ATI Radeon 7500+2xVoodoo2 in SLI, SB Live! 5.1, VIA USB 2.0 PCI card, 40 GB Seagate HDD.
WIP: external midi module based on NEC wavetable (Yamaha clone)