Reply 560 of 1982, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
retrofanatic wrote:
sliderider wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171341036724?ssPageNa … 984.m1439.l2649

There's another seller on ebay right now who has two copies of the original GalCiv for OS/2, one sealed, one opened slightly damaged package, but wants way too much money for either one.

Very cool...totally worth what you got it for..wish I had a couple of those to go with my copies of OS/2.

os2.jpg

I wish I could find a copy of version 4 that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It looks like I'll be stuck with version 3 for a while longer yet.

Reply 561 of 1982, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:
retrofanatic wrote:
sliderider wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171341036724?ssPageNa … 984.m1439.l2649

There's another seller on ebay right now who has two copies of the original GalCiv for OS/2, one sealed, one opened slightly damaged package, but wants way too much money for either one.

Very cool...totally worth what you got it for..wish I had a couple of those to go with my copies of OS/2.

os2.jpg

I wish I could find a copy of version 4 that didn't cost an arm and a leg. It looks like I'll be stuck with version 3 for a while longer yet.

I know what you mean...before I got my two boxed copies, I was searching high and low for a few years (I kept losing bids on eBay and listings were just too expensive and very few)...and I pretty much gave up...

Then by chance, I found one sealed boxed copy at a thrift store for next to nothing....then 1 week later I found another at another thrift store, plus OS/2 ver 3 and PC DOS 6.0! Since then (about 3 years ago, I have not seen one copy of any OS/2 software anywhere I look locally (including local classified listings), and yes eBay listings for a copy of OS/2 ver 4 usually do cost an arm and a leg....you just have to keep looking I guess.

Reply 562 of 1982, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When i saw this: ( my brother played it back in the day)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQRHJ08n9m4

A really want to order it..

jhvx9t.jpg

t6qzi9.jpg

It should be sealed..

And then i bought it..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 564 of 1982, by AlphaWing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Boxed Copy of ITE, an old Adventure game.

As a side note this was one of the first fully voiced over games I ever played in my youth.

Last edited by AlphaWing on 2015-08-13, 04:44. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 566 of 1982, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's been a long time coming....finally...I got a copy of LSL6.

20140621_001902.jpg
Filename
20140621_001902.jpg
File size
181.96 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 567 of 1982, by MMaximus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have great memories of "Inherit the Earth". Played it when I was a teenager and to me it was on par with the lucasfilm adventure games. Nice midi soundtrack too. Used to own the big box version too - man these boxes were massive!

New World Computing was still a quality developer at the time, then they were bought out by 3DO and started churning out meaningless sequels and expansion packs one after the other. (IIRC it started with the HOMM3 expansion packs and with Might and Magic VII that was just a recycled MMVI)

Hard Disk Sounds

Reply 569 of 1982, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I picked up a copy of Starcross by Infocom for C64.It is the one in the Commodore folio, not the Infocom box. The folio versions seem to be trailing the boxed ones by a sizable margin so it's worth it unless you really must have all the pack ins that the boxed versions get.

On a sad note I lost out on a copy of Wasteland for C64, but I think I managed to push it to a new high price so whoever got it paid dearly for it.

Reply 570 of 1982, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

To finish my Sierra adventure haul:

WP_20140623_003_zps37b91127.jpg

i dunno why but there's something about Sierra's pre 1990 adventure games. I'm not collecting anything past King's Quest IV, Space Quest III, Police Quest II and Leisure Suit Larry III.

Reply 571 of 1982, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
carlostex wrote:

i dunno why but there's something about Sierra's pre 1990 adventure games. I'm not collecting anything past King's Quest IV, Space Quest III, Police Quest II and Leisure Suit Larry III.

for now... 😈

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 572 of 1982, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

for now... 😈

nah mate... My list of DOS games to buy is now below 10 titles... Among the wanted games are:

Arkanoid
Bubble Ghost
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade "The Graphic Adventure"
One Must Fall 2097
Tyrian
Raptor Call of the Shadows

Plus in about one week now i'll be moving to the UK, so i'm gonna pack and seal all my precious retro stuff for when i return some 5 to 10 years later.

BTW, you should check my last few posts on this thread mate and take a look of a particular game you already have and that i also found...

Reply 573 of 1982, by dacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Am I the only one that comes in here, realises he doesn't have certain games and then adds them to my wish list?

BTW carlostex, I had the same idea with Sierra Games and not collecting past KQ4, then I just had to have the old EGA versions of KQ5 as bad as they look!

Reply 574 of 1982, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
carlostex wrote:

Plus in about one week now i'll be moving to the UK, so i'm gonna pack and seal all my precious retro stuff for when i return some 5 to 10 years later.

Best of luck with your move, what part of the UK are you going to?
I think you'll find some interesting retro stuff on UK eBay too.

Reply 575 of 1982, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
carlostex wrote:

Wow, 5 to 10 years? What do you intend to do in UK, is it a work-related decision to move?

Greetings from Spain btw, nice country and far better than Russia. I'm only spending a vacation here, but the sea and the sun and the amiable people can make one quickly forget about any retro stuff left home.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 576 of 1982, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjt wrote:

Best of luck with your move, what part of the UK are you going to?
I think you'll find some interesting retro stuff on UK eBay too.

Thanks bjt, i'm going to the south, Portsmouth to be more exact. Basically, it seems most english nurses want to work in private sector (pays a lot better apparently) so the future mrs had a job offer there, and the Portuguese national healthcare is in shambles, so i'm goind too... Will need to find a job there. The plan is not to stay forever though...

Reply 577 of 1982, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oh wow... best of luck to you and your mrs. Carlos! be sure not to forget us here 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 578 of 1982, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

oh wow... best of luck to you and your mrs. Carlos! be sure not to forget us here 😀

Thanks brother!!! I'll definetely keep coming around here, although the retro stuff will be locked in a safe in Portugal, i won't be taking this stuff to England of course, but i'll still be on the hunt for good retro deals while in the UK. As far as gaming goes i'll take all my game bases and DOSBox will definitely come to my rescue. I guess MUNT will come to the rescue.

Reply 579 of 1982, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

England has a lot of vintage gaming shops, if the back pages of Retro Gamer magazine are to be believed. They probably charge eBay prices for their shit, but I'm sure there are still bargains to be had.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread